May 29th, 2020
Dear Center GYROTONIC® Community Members,
As you may be aware, Multnomah County is planning on submitting a reopening proposal to reopen for phase 1 on Friday, June 12th, 2020. If this goes through, Center Gyrotonic will be reopening Monday, June 15th. For those wishing to stay up to date on county’s reopening status, you can check the online dashboard that is updated every Wednesday.
As our county begins to reopen I encourage you to reach out to your trainer and keep them informed of your plans. For those who are not ready for in person visits, we will continue to offer online Gyrotonic and Gyrokinesis sessions for the foreseeable future, though the times may alter and shift when we reopen. Please consult Vagaro or your instructor for latest updates to the schedule.
Over the past couple of weeks, we have been working to develop a set of protocols for the studio for our eventual reopening. The protocols that follow are based on our current knowledge of best practices and directives set forth by our government. Keep in mind that these may change as new information comes out.
Transitioning in to and out of the studio
- Everyone must wash their hands before and after their session
- Clients must wait outside the front door or in their vehicles. Instructors will notify when you may enter after their previous client has left.
- Clients must leave out the back door.
- We are required to have each client fill out a self assessment health questionnaire. This will be digital with paper backups used if necessary.
- We are required to have a contact log for each client and studio member for the purposes of contact tracing.
Your workout space
- Time before 12pm (noon) has been set aside for at risk clients. During this time, only one client will be allowed in the studio at a time.
- For all other times we have reduced our maximum capacity to 3 clients in the studio.
- The studio have been rearranged to increase space between towers.
- Equipment will be sanitized between each client.
- Equipment that cannot be easily sanitized between each client will be swapped out.
- Facemasks: We strongly encourage clients to wear face masks as much as possible while in the studio.
Bringing Personal Gear
To minimize transmission surfaces, we ask clients to bring the following
- Facemasks to be worn as much as possible
- A separate pair of clean socks unworn to be used solely within studio.
- Water bottle with your own water. The state guidelines prevent us from offering water.
- A towel for the bench.
- Yoga mat for floor work.
- Props including pillows, yoga blocks, when possible.
- Your own straps if you have purchased a pair. Straps may be ordered by emailing [email protected]
- Priority in the studio will be given to instructors and their clients between 7am and 5pm during the weekday.
- Studio members are asked to reserve their workout times
- Workouts must be logged online. Logs are required to operate and its information may be used to assist in contact tracing.
- If studio members feel sick or are in close contact with those who are sick, you must stay home. Memberships may be paused while you are sick.
- After their workouts, studio members must clean the equipment used.
- Studio members must follow the rules above for clients including facemasks, hand washing, and bringing personal gear.
- Studio members are encouraged to bring their own straps.
This is the current list of policies for our clients when we reopen. For those who wish to read our complete and latest policies, I have posted them on our website at the Reopening Policy Page. If you have any thoughts, feedback, or concerns regarding our policies, please send them my way. We are continually reevaluating best practices and policies as we receive new information.
I am working with a local sewer to make additional straps for the studio and studio clients. If would like to have your own pair of straps for your workouts, please email [email protected] so I can add you to the list. Straps are expected to be $55 for a pair.
Health and Safety is in all our hands
In the midst of an ongoing worldwide pandemic, creating a safer and healthier space depends on all of us to follow safety protocols. We are each responsible for maintaining a healthier and safer space so that everyone in our community can enjoy the joyful and restorative movement that this studio provides. Everyone’s cooperation for following these protocols is greatly appreciated.
This is just the beginning of our gradual transition from our current shelter in place to an eventual return normalcy and it’s just a first step towards fully reopening. I ask everyone to have patience and grace for our instructors as well as one another as we make that transition on our own timeline. I understand that some clients have been ready to come back to the studio for a while. Others may not feel safe to return to the studio for some time. Some instructors are ready to come back teaching full time. Others will be offering a restricted schedule. These are all ok, and valid. We are here to support your journey on your timeline, and we ask for your support in our journey on our timeline. Regardless, we are all exicited to see each other in person as the situation permits.
Until we meet again,